Marinated Butterflied Leg of Lamb
- 1 leg of lamb butterflied, your butcher will do this for you
- 8 cloves garlic, 4 crushed and 4 quartered
- 2 springs of rosemary, cut into 16 pieces
- 2 tablespoon runny honey
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon ginger, finely grated
- Remove any excess fat from the lamb, and ensure it is an even thickness throughout.
- Combine the crushed garlic, honey, soy sauce, cayenne and ginger in a bowl.
- Rub the marinade over the lamb. Pierce small holes throughout the lamb and put a piece of rosemary and garlic into each. Allow to marinade for at least an hour or overnight.
- Sear both sides of the lamb on a hot barbecue for 5 minutes, then cook on a medium heat for 20-30 minutes, depending on how you like your lamb cooked.
- Allow rest for a few minutes before cooking. Slice across the grain.