2kg (4.4lbs) loin of bacon, rindless
1 litre cola
3 tbsp brown sugar
2 tbsp wholegrain mustard
3 tbsp honey
- Place the bacon in a saucepan, add cola and cover with water.
- Cover and bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer for 1 ½ hours until core temperature reaches 150oF/ 75oC.
- Preheat the oven to 2000C/400oF/Gas 6.
- In a bowl combine the ingredients for the glaze.
- Remove the ham from the saucepan, spread the glaze over the ham and place in a pre-heated oven at 2000C/400oF/Gas 6 and bake for 30 minutes until golden and crisp, baste ham with glaze half way through cooking